Are you an experienced backend developer (3+ years experience) ready to take the leap and grow with an award-winning and fast-scaling startup that is expanding internationally?
Bower’s vision is to make recycling a rewarding no-brainer and create a world free from trash. We’re aiming to become the first impact tech unicorn in Sweden, helping +1B consumers make sustainable choices by rewarding them for doing the right thing.
We are growing at a rapid rate and you will be a driving force in growing our tech team in Stockholm. Since our launch in 2019, we’ve grown to over 260 thousand users with customers in 5 countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, United States) with several more market entries to come.
Are you up for the challenge?
We're looking for someone who is willing to:
- Improve our backend services with top-quality work to serve our consumer facing app.
- Is eager to take responsibility to be one of the leading teammates in our backend.
- Build up our in-house developer team together with our remote team.
Are you ready to improve our in-house system for scanning and recycling, data pipelines and system stability?
Some of the challenges include high load and tons of requests from the app, scalable multi-market functionality, barcode scanning, fraud detection, authorization, data-pipelines for statistics, transactional as well as NoSQL databases, biiiig data, machine learning, customer backoffice, among more.
You need to work closely with our backend/frontend developers remote and be up for the challenge to build up our in-house team in Stockholm.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a genuine interest in consumer app solutions and are passionate about changing a traditional industry.
- You’ve got experience from working with companies in their early stages with a strong entrepreneurial culture, and are eager to join a fast-scaling startup in its international expansion journey.
- You're familiar with our tech stack: Node.js, Express, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, React-Saga, Unit testing libraries, CI/CD. (Bonus if you're familiar with React Native and mobile development as well)
- Experience in micro services as well as monolithic structures.
- These words tickle you: optimization, large-scale data, high load applications, crowdsourcing, machine learning, agile processes, leading teams, coaching, having a strong business mindset...
- You can plan for a future ahead, ensuring great scalability – while at the same time being pragmatic, understanding our business goals and not over-doing it by building a high-tech rocket ship just for the sake of it.
- You're someone who can communicate highly technical and complex issues in an easy and comprehendible way.
- You’re a person with integrity.
- You're good with people.
- You live in Sweden, want to be part of building our culture at the office but at the same time communicate and lead work with our remote team.
- You’re fluent in English (and preferably also in Swedish).
Why we think you should join us...
As a Backend Developer at Bower, you’ll be part of an award-winning team passionate about creating a global recycling movement.
We believe that a brilliant person with the right ambition can really leverage their time at Bower. We are growing fast, and with us, so will you. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager to develop Bower and our product to a world-leading position in recycling. You will be one of the individuals making this happen.